Edinburg, Texas, was the latest city that tried to become a "sanctuary city for the unborn" and outlaw abortion within city limits.
- Abortion Is Legal—but Texas Cities Keep Trying to Outlaw It
- Louisiana’s Democratic Governor Gave the Anti-Abortion Movement What It Wants
- Indiana Abortion Providers Spared From Having to Tell Dangerous Lies to Patients
- 2021 Is Already the Worst Year for Abortion Rights on Record
- Alabama Spent 8 Years Fighting to Put Minors Seeking Abortion on Trial
Explore Our Topics
Gov. Edwards could have vetoed bills that force doctors to lie to their patients and make it harder for young people to safely get abortion care. He didn't.
A federal judge blocked an Indiana law that would force abortion providers to lie to patients about the bogus "abortion reversal" myth.
Extreme abortion laws like SB 8 in Texas create "immense confusion for people needing abortion care" in the state, advocates say.