Amy Coney Barrett’s confirmation threatens abortion and IVF treatments due to her belief in fetal personhood, the idea that life begins at conception.
- IVF Won’t Be Safe With Amy Coney Barrett on the Supreme Court
- Amy Coney Barrett Wants to Decide If You’re Virtuous Enough to Vote
- Will Louisiana Be the First State to Criminalize Abortion After Justice Ginsburg’s Death?
- How Dangerous Conspiracy Theories Like QAnon Find a Home in Anti-Choice Politics
- Meet the Educators Helping Indigenous Communities ‘Own Their Pleasure’
- Colorado Voters Could Determine Abortion Access Nationwide
Explore Our Topics
For Indigenous people to own their sexuality, the education needs to reach them when they’re young.
Proposition 115 would ban abortions after 22 weeks except when the pregnant person’s life is immediately threatened.
These stories from doctors, patients, and funding providers show how insurance bans like the Hyde Amendment are discriminatory and devastating.