"The Court recognizes that not all pregnant people identify as women."
Trending Law and Policy
- This Footnote in the Texas Abortion Ban Ruling Will Drive Conservatives Batty
- In Utah Jails, a Rare Reproductive Rights Bright Spot Emerges
- The Supreme Court Sneak Attack on Abortion Access in Kentucky
- What Teens Need to Know About Texas SB 8 and Accessing Abortion
- Abortion Was Just on the Ballot in California. Virginia Is Next.
- The Fall of ‘Roe’ Was Driven by Our Country’s Original Sin: Anti-Blackness
Until this year, only eight Black women had been confirmed as federal appellate judges. Since January, President Biden has nominated five more.
Wanting in on the abortion bounty action, a Florida Republican is the first state lawmaker to file a Texas SB 8 copycat bill.
"The rights of those who are seeking abortion services will always be protected here," said New York Gov. Kathy Hochul in response to the Texas ban.
Every governor’s race with a Democratic incumbent will have the same stakes unless and until Democrats win more Senate seats.