"The Court recognizes that not all pregnant people identify as women."
Trending Law and Policy
- The Supreme Court Sneak Attack on Abortion Access in Kentucky
- In Utah Jails, a Rare Reproductive Rights Bright Spot Emerges
- This Footnote in the Texas Abortion Ban Ruling Will Drive Conservatives Batty
- Editor’s Note: A Power Grab for All Your Rights
- This Group Helped Dream Up Texas’ Vigilante Abortion Ban
- The Fall of ‘Roe’ Was Driven by Our Country’s Original Sin: Anti-Blackness
Until this year, only eight Black women had been confirmed as federal appellate judges. Since January, President Biden has nominated five more.
Wanting in on the abortion bounty action, a Florida Republican is the first state lawmaker to file a Texas SB 8 copycat bill.
"The rights of those who are seeking abortion services will always be protected here," said New York Gov. Kathy Hochul in response to the Texas ban.
The legal fights in Texas and Mississippi aren’t the only major abortion cases in the pipeline right now. We're tracking them all.