Mississippi has a health-care crisis. By asking the Supreme Court to ban abortion, attorneys for the state are deepening it.
Trending Law and Policy
- If Mississippi Were Truly Pro-Life It Would Stop Banning Abortion
- People Don’t Know If Abortion Is Legal in Texas. That’s a Problem.
- Alabama Spent 8 Years Fighting to Put Minors Seeking Abortion on Trial
- The Anti-Choice Movement Doesn’t Want to #FreeBritney
- 2021 Is Already the Worst Year for Abortion Rights on Record
The "lawyers for fetuses" law was blocked by a district court in 2017. The courts are still fighting over it in 2021.
States enacted 90 abortion restrictions in the first six months of 2021, according to the Guttmacher Institute.
Disability justice means fighting for the reproductive autonomy of Britney Spears—and everyone else. Don't let anti-abortion activists co-opt that cause.
The recent Fulton v. City of Philadelphia ruling confirms the need for protections that prohibit LGBTQ discrimination and improve the child welfare policy.