Washington Conversion Therapy Efforts Review (HB 1882)
This law was last updated on May 14, 2015
HB 1882 would have established a work group to review and make recommendations on the practice of sexual orientation change efforts on minors.
The work group would have been required to include:
- a licensed mental health counselor,
- a licensed marriage and family therapist,
- a fully licensed independent clinical social worker,
- a fully licensed advanced social worker,
- one member of the examine board of psychology,
- a physician who specializes in the practice of psychiatry,
- one osteopathic physician who specializes in the practice of psychiatry,
- one member of the faith community who is also a licensed mental health professional; and
- one member of the public.
The work group would have evaluated research relating to the practice of sexual change efforts and the potential harmful effects on minors. The group would have been expected to make recommendations for approaches to protect clients from potential harm.