Tennessee Bill Requiring Certain Physician Information Be Provided Prior to Abortion (HB 1746)
This law was last updated on Feb 12, 2018
HB 1746 would require that certain information regarding the physician who will perform an abortion be provided to the pregnant person prior to an abortion.
The bill would require the following information regarding the physician be provided:
- The name of the physician;
- The year in which the physician received a medical degree;
- The date on which the physician began employment at the facility;
- Whether any disciplinary action has been taken against the physician
- Whether the physician has malpractice insurance;
- Whether the physician has clinical privileges at any hospital located within 30 miles of the facility where the abortion is to be performed;
- The name of any hospital where the physician has involuntarily lost clinical privileges; and
- Whether the physician is a resident of the state.
The information would need to be provided in writing.
Companion bill to SB 2365.