New Hampshire Joint Resolution Against Planned Parenthood (HJR 3)
This law was last updated on Jun 29, 2016
HJR 3 is a joint resolution calling for the investigation and defunding of Planned Parenthood.
The resolution asks the general court to immediately freeze any currently allocated state and federal funding for abortion providers, in particular the Planned Parenthood Federation of America and its affiliates in New Hampshire.
The resolution calls on the department of health and human services to conduct a full-scale investigation of abortion providers, including specifically Planned Parenthood, for potential violations of state laws, including:
- violations related to the collection and distribution of fetal tissue and body parts from aborted infants;
- health and safety code violations;
- misuse of government funding; and
- other applicable state laws.
The resolution calls on Congress to conduct a full-scale investigation of abortion providers, including the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, for potential violations of federal laws including:
- aiding and abetting sex-trafficking;
- misuse of federal funding; and
- urges Congress to use its subpoena power to obtain all business, medical, and other records necessary for a thorough and complete investigation.