Federal Resolution Establishing Special Committee to Probe Planned Parenthood (H.Res. 461)
This law was last updated on Oct 26, 2018
H.Res. 461 establishes a Select Investigative Panel of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce in order to launch an an investigation into Planned Parenthood.
The resolution requires the Panel to investigate and report on:
- medical procedures and business practices used by entities involved in fetal tissue procurement;
- any other relevant matters with respect to such procurement;
- federal funding and support for abortion providers;
- the practices of providers of second and third trimester abortions, including partial-birth abortion and procedures that may lead to a child born alive as a result of an attempted abortion;
- medical procedures for the care of a child born alive as a result of an attempted abortion; and
- any changes in law or regulation necessary resulting from such findings.
The resolution terminates the Panel 30 days after filing its final report.
Adopted by the House on October 7, 2015, by a 242-184 vote.