Arizona Bill to Amend and Repeal Informed Consent Requirements (HB 2435)
This law was last updated on Feb 9, 2015
(1) include rape or incest as an exception to the requirement that the provisions of the statute be fulfilled before a woman’s consent to abortion will be considered “voluntary and informed”;
(2) remove the requirement that the provisions of the statute must be fulfilled 24 hours before the abortion;
(3) remove the 24-hour waiting period for medication abortion;
(4) remove the requirement that an ultrasound must be performed 24 hours prior to an abortion (the ultrasound requirement remains);
(5) include rape or incest as an exception to the requirement that an ultrasound be performed prior to an abortion.
Similar to HB 2679, which failed to pass in 2014.